California Powerball Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 12:00 AM
Place mouse over or click to view
|California Powerball | Ca Powerball Results | Calottery Powerball|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Power Ball||PowerPlay|
|Wed Mar 22, 2017|
|Sat Mar 18, 2017|
|Wed Mar 15, 2017|
|Sat Mar 11, 2017|
|Wed Mar 08, 2017|
|Sat Mar 04, 2017|
|Wed Mar 01, 2017|
|Sat Feb 25, 2017|
|Wed Feb 22, 2017|
|Sat Feb 18, 2017|
California(CA) Powerball Prizes and Odds
California Powerball News and Payout for Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017
Updated: Thursday, March 23, 2017 01:29 AM
Somebody is celebrating in Wisconsin, and for good reason. A single ticket has won the jackpot from the most recent Powerball drawing. Lottery officials stated the winning ticket from Wednesday night's drawing worth $155 million was sold in Wisconsin. The identity of the newest millionaire has not been determined, nor has the location of the ticket purchase. The winning numbers drawn Wednesday night, March 22nd, 2017 were 02, 09, 27, 29, 42 and Powerball number was 09. The winning ticket holder will have the choice of annuity payments for the entire prize amount of $155 million, or the cash option of $92.4 million before taxes. The grand prize winner is highly suggested to sign the ticket, put it in a safe place and contact lottery officials as soon as possible. Jackpot winner has the chance to choose the cash value of the jackpot while claimng the prizes. If the winner doesn't make choice, the payment option will revert to annuity by default.
Along with the grand prize awarded on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017, many more players took home with huge pile of cash. There were 2 lucky winners matched the first 5 numbers but missed Powerball number, which won the 2nd prize. The 2 lucky ticket(s) purchased in New York(1) and South Carolina(1), each won $1 million cash by matching all 5 white ball numbers.
Other prizes won Wednesday evening included 32 tickets that matched 4 white numbers in addition to the Powerball and won $10,000. 9 additional tickets at this prize level were also wisely purchased with the Power Play option that multiplied the prize 4 times to $40,000 cash! Additional prizes won Wednesday evening included 555 tickets that matched 4 white numbers and won $100. 139 additional tickets at this prize level were also wisely bought with the Power Play option that doubled winnings to $200 cash! Additional prizes won Wednesday evening included 1340 tickets that matched 3 white numbers in addition to the Powerball and won $100. 351 additional tickets of this prize level were also purchased with the Power Play option that doubled the prize to $200 cash.
With nine different prize tiers, the Wednesday night's drawing generated 679,991 winning tickets nationwide with a total amount of $8,270,839 prizes.
The top prize of next Powerball drawing goes to $40 million with the cash option at $23.9 million for Saturday, March 25th, 2017.
Powerball is an American popular lottery game offered in 44 member states as a shared jackpot game. Powerball drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 7:59 PM Pacific Time. Powerball uses a 5/69 (white balls) + 1/26 (Powerballs) system to randomly choose winning numbers. The minimum Powerball advertised grand prize is $40 million. The annuity option is paid in 30 yearly increment payments. Winners may choose one lump sum cash payout option instead.
Click here for detailed information of California Powerball payout and news.
About California Powerball
Lottery enthusiasts in the state of California can look forward to trying their hand at the California Powerball lottery which will be available in this state from April 2013. The Powerball lottery already has a huge following in the United States thanks to the size of its jackpot. The starting jackpot here is $40 million but the record as of this date is a whopping $587.5 million which was won in 2012. The biggest haul prior to that was $365 million and this record was set in 2006. The second prize in the California Powerball lottery is $1,000,000 and this amount is paid in cash.
As of now, California is just one of eight states that do not participate in the Powerball lottery. However, the California Lottery Commission has realized that the state is losing out by not participating in this immensely popular lottery. In fact, there are 42 distinct Powerball lotteries in existence in the United States, in addition to ones operated by the U.S. Virgin Islands and the District of Columbia. It is expected that California Powerball lottery will bring in revenues ranging from $80-$120 million in the first year alone.
Like other Powerball lotteries, the California Powerball lottery will also be a cash game that has a very big jackpot. A participant is required to buy a ticket for $2 against which he or she will be given a playcard with numbers printed on it. The participant then has to select any five separate numbers ranging from 1 to 59 in addition to a Powerball number from a field of 1 through 35. The Powerball number does not have to be a unique one and can match any of the first five numbers.
Very few people know that California Powerball will help improve the finances of the state. Only half of the money collected through ticket sales is contributed to the prize money. A quarter of the money goes to the federal government as taxes. The balance money is used to fund a variety of beneficiary programs (after administrative overheads are paid for). In addition, the people who win money on the California Powerball lottery also have to pay taxes on the amount.
The California Powerball lottery will be drawn every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. EST. The organizers shut down sales for the draw 59 minutes before the draw. The winner can ask for the money as a onetime payment or as an annuitized prize that is paid out over a fixed period of 29 years. If the winner chooses the annuitized option then the amount paid yearly will be increased with each payment, using a percentage of annual rise as determined beforehand by the company
How to play California Powerball?
It is very easy to play the California Powerball lottery. There are a few steps that have to be followed.
- First, purchase a California Powerball lottery playcard. It costs only $2 and it is easily available because many retailers sell it.
- Fill in the numbers of your choice in the designated area of the California Powerball playcard. Each playcard has 5 game panels printed on it. You have to select 5 different numbers ranging from 1 through 59 to be filled in the upper section of the panels. This section is red in color. You'll have to select the Powerball number from the lower section of the playcard which is white in color. Here, the numbers are in the range of 1 through 35. If you feel that you want to choose your own numbers then you can do so. If you feel that it is better to use random numbers then you could let the computer select the numbers. You'll have to use the QUICK PICK option in this case. This option is also the preferred one if you are pressed for time.
- You will not be permitted to erase any numbers you have filled in your California Powerball Playcard. Therefore, you should be careful when filling in the numbers. If you are particular about not playing a number that you have filled in then you only have the option of filling in the VOID box and moving on to the next game.
- You don't have to specify at the outset how the California Powerball prize money will be paid to you. If you do win prize money on the California Powerball lottery then you will get the money within 60 days of claiming your prize. You can ask for the money in cash upfront or in annual installments. You have to make a choice within 60 days failing which the California Powerball prize money will be paid to you as an annuity over 29 years. The company will do security verification if the prize is more than $50000 and is not claimed.
- Give the California Powerball playcard back to the retailer in order to complete formalities. Only when this is done will the playcard be processed. You will be given a ticket in exchange for each playcard that you give for processing.
- You can use the exact same numbers in more than one game of California Powerball. The way to do this is by going for the MULTI DRAWS option. You can play up to 26 California Powerball lottery draws in succession. Please note that you will be charged $2 for every game you play using the MULTI DRAWS option.
- You will not be permitted to cancel California Powerball tickets if you have bought them. Therefore, you need to check the details printed on them. Do not forget to crosscheck the numbers and dates on the tickets handed to you by the retailer after processing.
When Can California Powerball Be Played
The California Powerball lottery can be played on any day of the week (except draw nights) from 4:00 am through 3:30 am. Draw nights are on Wednesday and Saturday. On these days, retailers stop selling tickets at 9:00 pm. There are bound to be long queues of people wanting to play the California Powerball lottery on this day. Its best if you turn up at the retailer with plenty of time to spare or else you might not get to play.
Use Power Play Option to Multiply Your Winnings. You can go for the Power Play option by paying $1 extra per game. This will enable you to increase the money you win at California Powerball (as long as it is a non-Jackpot prize).
| California Powerball
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Sat Mar 25, 2017
Change: -$115.00 Million