California Super Lotto Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 11:03 PM
Place mouse over or click to view
|California Super Lotto | California Super Lotto Plus | California Lotto Results|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Mega Ball|
|Wed Feb 22, 2017|
|Sat Feb 18, 2017|
|Wed Feb 15, 2017|
|Sat Feb 11, 2017|
|Wed Feb 08, 2017|
|Sat Feb 04, 2017|
|Wed Feb 01, 2017|
|Sat Jan 28, 2017|
|Wed Jan 25, 2017|
|Sat Jan 21, 2017|
California(CA) Super Lotto Prizes and Odds
California Super Lotto News and Payout for Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017
Updated: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 09:22 PM
The grand prize in California Super Lotto lottery drawing built to $15 million for the Saturday drawing. No ticket sold for Wednesday's $14 million drawing hit 6 winning numbers. The numbers from Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 night's drawing were 15, 28, 32, 34, 47 with MEGA number 14. Nobody won the California Super Lotto grand prize in the past eight draws since Saturday, January 28th, 2017. The last jackpot was won by one lucky ticket which matched all six numbers for a $72 million top prize.
Though there was no jackpot winner Wednesday evening, some people still walked away with big piles of cash. There were 3 lucky players correctly matched the first five white ball winning numbers but missed the Mega number and won the 2nd prize. The 3 second prize winning ticket(s) won $12,837 cash each. In the past 12 months, the second prize paid between $6,948 and $59,440 with an average payout $29,101.
In addition, 13 tickets matched the first 4 lotto numbers and also the Mega number. The tickets are each worth $1,481. The 13 lucky third prize winning ticket(s) would win $1,481 cash. In the past 12 months, the third prize paid the lowest $774 and highest $4,097 with an average payout in the amount of $1,614.
With nine prize tiers, the Wednesday night's drawing produced winning tickets across California.
California Super Lotto drawings are held 2 times a week every Wednesday and Saturday at 7:45 PM Pacific Time. To play California Super Lotto, go to any lottery retailer. Pick up a play slip and pick 5 numbers from 1 through 47 and 1 Mega number from 1 to 27. The odds of winning is about 1 to 23. The odds of matching all six California Super Lotto numbers are 1 to 41.4 million. The minimum California Super Lotto grand prize is $7 million. If nobody wins the grand prize, the top prize pool money will be added to the next jackpot.
To find out if you are one of the California top prize winners of California Super Lotto Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017's drawing, check below lucky stores where these tickets were sold.
- 5/5 Ticket
- 22555 Mission Bl
- Hayward Ca 94541
- 5/5 Ticket
- Vien Dong Iv Supermarket
- 5382 University Av
- San Diego Ca 92105
- 5/5 Ticket
- Sohal 4
- 8901 Madison Av
- Fair Oaks Ca 95628
Click here for detailed information of California Super Lotto payout and news.
About California Super Lotto
California Super Lotto Plus is a game pretty much like Mega Millions and it is played only in the state of California. It was launched in 1986 by the California State Lottery under the name California Super Lotto and was an immense success right from the beginning. The game has been played in its current form and under its present name since 2000.
The starting jackpot of California Super Lotto Plus is $7 million. However, if the draw does not result in a jackpot then the money will be carried forward to the next draw. The largest jackpot on record from this lottery is $120 million and it occurred on August 24, 2002. The average amount of money won on jackpots is $21.8 million.
The California Super Lotto Plus lottery and others like it were launched in order to generate money for education without burdening the taxpayer. Around 87% of the revenue generated by this lottery is mandated to be returned to the public in the form of contribution to education as well as prizes. The percentage of thee earnings that have to be given to the public is around 50%. The balance money will be spent on administering the lottery.
The draw for California Super Lotto Plus happens every Wednesday and Saturday. Winners of the lottery have the option of taking home their winnings entirely in cash. However, they can also ask for the money to be annuitized. When this happens the money is paid over 26 installments with the first one being worth 2.5 percent of the winnings. Each installment increases by 0.1 percentage point until the last installment which is 5.1 percent of the winnings.
California Super Lotto Plus prizes that are less than $600 can be claimed from the lottery directly or from a retailer. However, if the prize is greater than $600 then it has to be claimed from the California lottery company directly using its claim form. Prizes are expected to be claimed within 180 days of the game ending or the draw being announced. Unclaimed amounts will be added to the education fund over and above the percentage of ticket sales that has been earmarked towards it. You will be very interested to know that the State of California does not tax winnings from the California Lottery. However, it does levy tax on winnings from other states.
The jackpot for the California Super Lotto Plus lottery is decided on the basis of five numbers selected from a group of 47 balls. The Mega Number has to be chosen from an entirely different set of 27 balls. This game is unlike most other lotteries because it uses an old fashioned drawing mechanism instead of a generator that draws random numbers.
How to play California Super Lotto?
- Start by locating a retailer who sells California Super Lotto Plus tickets. This game is offered by more than 20,000 different retailers, so you should not have a problem locating one. You can easily find out the closest retailer to you by looking on the internet.
- Once you have your playslip in hand you should then select 5 numbers that could be anything from 1 to 47. You also have to select a MEGA number from between 1 and 27. If you prefer to let the computer select random numbers for you then you should just go with Quick Pick option. Each playslip has a maximum of five plays and there is no limit on how many playslips you can use. Many people like playing the same set of lucky numbers for successive draws. If you too wish to do this then you just have to choose the Advance Play option.
- Quick Pick enables you to choose numbers quickly and completely at random. You can choose the first five numbers this way or just the MEGA number or even all the six numbers. You can use this option to buy a maximum of 10 plays on an individual playslip. You do have to pay for each of the games.
- Advance Play permits you to play more than one draw with a single purchase. Once you mark the Advance Play box you can play from 2 to 8, 16 or even 20 successive draws on a single playslip.
- Mark your numbers very carefully. Use blue or black ink to mark your lucky numbers on the playslip, making sure that there are no mistakes. Even if you do make a mistake, you shouldn't erase your markings. You should instead place a mark in the VOID box.
- Buy a ticket from the California Super Lotto Plus retailer. Each play will cost you $1 in exchange for which you get a ticket. Be sure to look after this ticket well because it is your receipt. It indicates the lucky numbers you have chosen for a particular play, the date of the draw as well the amount you have paid overall. Be sure to sign at the back of your ticket in order to preempt disputes about ownership. Also, don't forget to check whether the details printed on it are correct. Remember that ticket sales close at 7:45 p.m. PT on draw nights.
- Check to see whether you have won anything. California Super Lotto Plus lottery draws take place every Wednesday and Saturday. You can check for winning numbers on the internet or get your ticket barcode scanned at a nearby California Super Lotto Plus retailer. Even though the jackpot gets all the attention, there are many ways in which you can win money through the California Super Lotto Plus lottery.
- You have 180 days after the draw or the close of the game to claim your California Super Lotto Plus winnings, if any. If you win a jackpot then you could ask for a one time cash payout or an annuity spread over 26 years. You have 60 days after the win in which you can decide whether you want to take the money as cash or in the form of an annuity. Many people are confused about this because right until 2005 California Super Lotto Plus required people to make a decision on this matter when they bought their ticket.
| California Super Lotto
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Sat Feb 25, 2017
Change: +$1.00 Million