California MEGA Millions Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 12:05 AM
Place mouse over or click to view
|Mega Millions | Calottery Mega Millions|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Mega Ball||Megaplier|
|Tue Sep 01, 2015|
|Fri Aug 28, 2015|
|Tue Aug 25, 2015|
|Fri Aug 21, 2015|
|Tue Aug 18, 2015|
|Fri Aug 14, 2015|
|Tue Aug 11, 2015|
|Fri Aug 07, 2015|
|Tue Aug 04, 2015|
|Fri Jul 31, 2015|
|Tue Jul 28, 2015|
|Fri Jul 24, 2015|
|Tue Jul 21, 2015|
|Fri Jul 17, 2015|
|Tue Jul 14, 2015|
|Fri Jul 10, 2015|
|Tue Jul 07, 2015|
|Fri Jul 03, 2015|
|Tue Jun 30, 2015|
|Fri Jun 26, 2015|
|Tue Jun 23, 2015|
|Fri Jun 19, 2015|
|Tue Jun 16, 2015|
|Fri Jun 12, 2015|
|Tue Jun 09, 2015|
|Fri Jun 05, 2015|
|Tue Jun 02, 2015|
|Fri May 29, 2015|
|Tue May 26, 2015|
|Fri May 22, 2015|
California(CA) MEGA Millions Prizes and Odds
California MEGA Millions News and Payout for Tuesday, September 1st, 2015
Updated: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 11:12 PM
Friday's Mega Millions grand prize will be worth an estimated $85 million (lump-sum cash payout $52.4 million), because nobody hit all 6 numbers in Tuesday night's drawing. The numbers drawn Tuesday night, September 1st, 2015 were 02-05-35-40-54 with Mega Ball number 13 and Megaplier x5.
Even though the grand prize was not hit Tuesday evening, Mega Millions had some huge winners. A total of 22 lucky players won the third prize. These included 22 tickets that matched four white ball numbers as well as the Mega Ball and won $10,000.
Additional prizes won Tuesday evening included 346 tickets that matched 4 lotto numbers and won $150. Other prizes won included 1685 tickets that matched 3 white numbers in addition to the Mega Ball and won $150.
With nine different prize levels, there were 2,741,590 winning tickets sold across U.S. in the Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 drawing.
Mega Millions is an U.S. popular lottery game can be played in 44 lottery jurisdictions as a shared jackpot game. It holds the record highest jackpot in United States lottery history. Mega Millions drawings are held 2 times a week every Tuesday and Friday at 7:59 p.m. Pacific Time. To play, select 5 numbers from 1 to 56 and select one Mega Ball number from a set of 15. Each play costs $1. In some states, players can choose to pay $1 extra to buy the Megaplier option, which multiplies the original prizes 2 to 5 times but not jackpot. The minimum Mega Millions advertised grand prize is 12 million dollar. Its annuity option is paid in 26 equal annual installments. Winners may select one time lump-sum cash payout option instead.
Compared with other Mega Millions states, all the nine prize levels of California Mega Millions are parimutuel, as opposed to non-jackpot prize having a fixed value. This causes different prize amounts for equivalent winning tickets sold in California when compared to those sold in other 43 states. By way of example, the second Mega Millions prizes is $250,000 could pay the winner over $1000,000 due to the pari-mutuel payout system of California lottery. For the same reason, California state lottery doesn't offer Megaplier like other Mega Millions participants.
There were 182,796 Mega Millions winning tickets sold in the state of California. Find below the CA Mega Millions payout highlights for the Tuesday night's drawing.
- 5 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 + Mega Ball and won $3,693 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 4 of 5 + Mega Ball in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $1,846 to $19,388, with an average of $6,310 payout.
- 44 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 and won $587 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 4 of 5 in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $181 to $976, with an average of $515 payout.
- 237 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Mega Ball and won $53 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 3 of 5 + Mega Ball in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $26 to $68, with an average of $50 payout.
Click here for detailed information of California MEGA Millions payout and news.
About California Mega Millions
California Mega Millions - All you need to become a Millionaire is $1 and lady luck smiling on you.
Can you imagine a lottery where 94% of the ticket cost is diverted back to public? That is what California Mega Millions does for all of you.
California Lottery was started in 1985 after lottery was legalised in California in the year 1984. Later California Lottery started participating in the already existing and popular lottery called Mega Millions, thereby giving birth to California Mega Million.
An unbelievable $ 12,000,000 is the jackpot prize. Just imagine what all you can do with this kind of money.
The popular lottery - Mega Millions also called MM is a lottery that is available or played across multiple states in America. The name of the Mega Millions lottery earlier was .The Big Game..
In California Mega Millions, you need to select any 6 numbers from two different groups of numbers. The 1st group of numbers is from 1 to 56 and the 2nd group of numbers is from 1 to 46. If six numbers match, you win the jackpot. In California, prizes are pari-mutuel which means the payouts depends on the quantity of tickets sold and within that, the quantity of tickets have won the games.
You can claim your California Mega Millions prize from 2 modes of payment. One is annual payment where you will be provided in 26 annual payments and the other is cash payment where full amount is paid.
The California Mega Millions draws are conducted 2 days a week on Tuesday and Friday. The draw is at 7.45 pm.
How to play California Mega Millions?
California Mega Millions can be played in 4 easy steps - Find, Pick, Buy, Play.
- Visit your nearest California Mega Millions retailer. There are 20,000 California Mega Millions retail shops.
- Once you convey your wish to play the California Mega Millions game, the retailer would give you a play slip.
- You need to then pick 5 numbers you consider lucky from 2 groups of numbers. The 1st 4 numbers you need to choose is from 1 to 56 and the 5th numbers you need to choose is from 1 to 46.
- You need to choose & mark these numbers on the California Mega Millions pay slip.
- In case you are unable to choose the numbers on your own, use the Quick Pick facility where a computer would choose the numbers for you randomly.
- Each California Mega Millions play slip contains 5 plays. You need to buy more pay slips to play more games.
- There is also a feature in called Advance Play which permits you to bet on the same numbers on successive draws.
- In case you are availing Quick Pick, you are permitted up to 10 plays on the same play slip.
- While marking on the pay slip, see that you use only black ink or blue ink pens. Other colours are not valid. In case you made mistake, instead of erasing, use the VOID box to make your mark.
- Once you have ensured that you have marked your California Mega Millions pay slip correctly, hand it over to the retailer along with $1.You would then be given a ticket. This ticket you receive also acts as a receipt.
- Check the correctness of the ticket you have received for the date, the numbers you have placed bet on, draw details and the amount paid for the ticket.
- Once you are convinced that the information available on the California Mega Millions ticket is correct, place your signature on the back side of the ticket.
- It is to be noted that a California Mega Millions ticket that is once sold will not, under any circumstance, be cancelled.
- The tickets are bar coded. You can check you winning status either by scanning your ticket at the retailer or by visiting the California Mega Millions website.
More About California Mega Millions
The California Mega Millions draw is usually conducted in the city of Atlanta in Georgia. It is conducted by WSB-TV.
For very large draws, the Mega Millions draw is sometimes conducted in New York City's Times Square.
The first 5 numbers are chosen using white colored balls and the 6th number is called the Mega Ball number. The 2 sets of numbers are drawn using different machines.
Unlike other states, Megaplier, a $2 game, is not offered as a part of California Mega Millions.
The chance of winning a California Mega Millions jackpot is 1 in 175,711,536.
The chance of winning any prize is 1 in 40.
There are chances that there is more than one winner in a California Mega Millions draw. In such a case the prize is shared among the winners. However the number of winners, if belonging to the same group, should not be more than 100.
Suppose the winner dies before collecting the prize money, his / her heir can collect the California Mega Millions prize money. There is of course a formal procedure for the same.
The winners should claim or collect their prize within 180 days. If not collected, the prize will be awarded to the state of California and in turn fund schools and colleges.
The prizes of California Mega Millions above $599 are taxable. However there is no state/ or local tax pertaining to California.
It is mind blowing to know that the largest or biggest jackpot ever won in Mega Millions is of prize money $ 656,000,000 which is in 26 annual payments or an equivalent cash amount of $474,000,000. This was in the year 2012.
The 2nd highest jackpot (payable in 26 annual instalments) that was won was $390 million and the 3rd largest is $380 million.
You have to claim the jackpot prize within a year unlike other Mega Millions prizes which give a period of 180 days period. Thereafter you have 60 days to choose either the cash or the 26 annual payments.
In case of prizes other than jackpot, the same needs to be claimed within 180 days.
You need to be at least 18 years old if you need to play California Mega Millions.
Younger people . do not lose heart. You can win or collect the prizes on tickets that have been gifted to you.
| California Mega Millions
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Fri Sep 4, 2015
Change: +$11.00 Million