California MEGA Millions Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 11:06 PM
Place mouse over or click to view
|Mega Millions | Calottery Mega Millions|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Mega Ball||Megaplier|
|Tue Mar 03, 2015|
|Fri Feb 27, 2015|
|Tue Feb 24, 2015|
|Fri Feb 20, 2015|
|Tue Feb 17, 2015|
|Fri Feb 13, 2015|
|Tue Feb 10, 2015|
|Fri Feb 06, 2015|
|Tue Feb 03, 2015|
|Fri Jan 30, 2015|
|Tue Jan 27, 2015|
|Fri Jan 23, 2015|
|Tue Jan 20, 2015|
|Fri Jan 16, 2015|
|Tue Jan 13, 2015|
|Fri Jan 09, 2015|
|Tue Jan 06, 2015|
|Fri Jan 02, 2015|
|Tue Dec 30, 2014|
|Fri Dec 26, 2014|
|Tue Dec 23, 2014|
|Fri Dec 19, 2014|
|Tue Dec 16, 2014|
|Fri Dec 12, 2014|
|Tue Dec 09, 2014|
|Fri Dec 05, 2014|
|Tue Dec 02, 2014|
|Fri Nov 28, 2014|
|Tue Nov 25, 2014|
|Fri Nov 21, 2014|
California(CA) MEGA Millions Prizes and Odds
California MEGA Millions News and Payout for Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015
Updated: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 11:12 PM
The grand prize in the Mega Millions multi-state lottery game has been increased to $20 million. The lump-sum cash payout will be an estimated $12.8 million. The prize amount was rolled over since no player matched all six numbers in Tuesday's $15 million drawing. The next Mega Millions drawing is Friday night. The numbers from Tuesday night, March 3rd, 2015 were 09-11-42-44-50 and the Mega Ball was 03, Megaplier was 4. The Mega Millions jackpot has been rolling over for 148 draws since Friday, October 4th, 2013.The last jackpot was won by one lucky ticket sold in Maryland, matched all six numbers for a $189 million top prize.
Though there was no jackpot winner Tuesday evening, Mega Millions had some huge winners. There were a total of 20 third prize lucky winning tickets. Among them, 20 tickets matched four of the five lotto numbers, as well as the Mega Ball number. Those tickets are each worth $10,000.
Also, 287 tickets matched 4 of the 5 lotto numbers. Those tickets are each worth $150. Other prizes won included 1449 tickets that matched 3 white numbers together with Mega Ball and won $150.
With 9 prize tiers, there were 1,113,173 winning tickets sold across U.S. in the Tuesday, March 3rd, 2015 drawing.
Mega Millions is played in 43 states and D.C. Mega Millions drawings occur every Tuesday and Friday at 7:59 PM Pacific Time. Each play costs $1. In some states, players can choose to pay $1 extra to buy the Megaplier option, which multiplies the original prizes 2 to 5 times but not jackpot. The odds of winning any prizes is about 1 to 14. The odds of matching all six Mega Millions numbers are 1 to 258,890,850. The minimum Mega Millions grand prize is $12 million. Its annuity option is paid in 26 equal yearly payments. Winners may select one-time lump-sum cash payout option instead.
Compared with other Mega Millions states, all the nine prize levels of California Mega Millions are pari-mutuel, rather than non-jackpot prize having a fixed value. This causes different prize amounts for equivalent winners sold in the state of California when compared to those sold in other states. For instance, the second Mega Millions prizes is a quarter million dollar could pay the winner over $1000,000 due to the pari-mutuel payout system of California lottery. For the same reason, California state lottery doesn't offer Megaplier like other Mega Millions participants.
There were 166,796 Mega Millions winning tickets sold in the state of California. Find below the California Mega Millions payout highlights for the Tuesday night's drawing.
- 4 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 + Mega Ball and won $4,122 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 4 of 5 + Mega Ball in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $2,351 to $17,201, with an average of $6,015 payout.
- 60 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 and won $384 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 4 of 5 in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $234 to $717, with an average of $525 payout.
- 261 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Mega Ball and won $43 each. In the past 1 year, tickets matched 3 of 5 + Mega Ball in CA Mega Millions drawing, won from $28 to $67, with an average of $51 payout.
Click here for detailed information of California MEGA Millions payout and news.
About California Mega Millions
California Mega Millions - All you need to become a Millionaire is $1 and lady luck smiling on you.
Can you imagine a lottery where 94% of the ticket cost is diverted back to public? That is what California Mega Millions does for all of you.
California Lottery was started in 1985 after lottery was legalised in California in the year 1984. Later California Lottery started participating in the already existing and popular lottery called Mega Millions, thereby giving birth to California Mega Million.
An unbelievable $ 12,000,000 is the jackpot prize. Just imagine what all you can do with this kind of money.
The popular lottery - Mega Millions also called MM is a lottery that is available or played across multiple states in America. The name of the Mega Millions lottery earlier was .The Big Game..
In California Mega Millions, you need to select any 6 numbers from two different groups of numbers. The 1st group of numbers is from 1 to 56 and the 2nd group of numbers is from 1 to 46. If six numbers match, you win the jackpot. In California, prizes are pari-mutuel which means the payouts depends on the quantity of tickets sold and within that, the quantity of tickets have won the games.
You can claim your California Mega Millions prize from 2 modes of payment. One is annual payment where you will be provided in 26 annual payments and the other is cash payment where full amount is paid.
The California Mega Millions draws are conducted 2 days a week on Tuesday and Friday. The draw is at 7.45 pm.
How to play California Mega Millions?
California Mega Millions can be played in 4 easy steps - Find, Pick, Buy, Play.
- Visit your nearest California Mega Millions retailer. There are 20,000 California Mega Millions retail shops.
- Once you convey your wish to play the California Mega Millions game, the retailer would give you a play slip.
- You need to then pick 5 numbers you consider lucky from 2 groups of numbers. The 1st 4 numbers you need to choose is from 1 to 56 and the 5th numbers you need to choose is from 1 to 46.
- You need to choose & mark these numbers on the California Mega Millions pay slip.
- In case you are unable to choose the numbers on your own, use the Quick Pick facility where a computer would choose the numbers for you randomly.
- Each California Mega Millions play slip contains 5 plays. You need to buy more pay slips to play more games.
- There is also a feature in called Advance Play which permits you to bet on the same numbers on successive draws.
- In case you are availing Quick Pick, you are permitted up to 10 plays on the same play slip.
- While marking on the pay slip, see that you use only black ink or blue ink pens. Other colours are not valid. In case you made mistake, instead of erasing, use the VOID box to make your mark.
- Once you have ensured that you have marked your California Mega Millions pay slip correctly, hand it over to the retailer along with $1.You would then be given a ticket. This ticket you receive also acts as a receipt.
- Check the correctness of the ticket you have received for the date, the numbers you have placed bet on, draw details and the amount paid for the ticket.
- Once you are convinced that the information available on the California Mega Millions ticket is correct, place your signature on the back side of the ticket.
- It is to be noted that a California Mega Millions ticket that is once sold will not, under any circumstance, be cancelled.
- The tickets are bar coded. You can check you winning status either by scanning your ticket at the retailer or by visiting the California Mega Millions website.
More About California Mega Millions
The California Mega Millions draw is usually conducted in the city of Atlanta in Georgia. It is conducted by WSB-TV.
For very large draws, the Mega Millions draw is sometimes conducted in New York City's Times Square.
The first 5 numbers are chosen using white colored balls and the 6th number is called the Mega Ball number. The 2 sets of numbers are drawn using different machines.
Unlike other states, Megaplier, a $2 game, is not offered as a part of California Mega Millions.
The chance of winning a California Mega Millions jackpot is 1 in 175,711,536.
The chance of winning any prize is 1 in 40.
There are chances that there is more than one winner in a California Mega Millions draw. In such a case the prize is shared among the winners. However the number of winners, if belonging to the same group, should not be more than 100.
Suppose the winner dies before collecting the prize money, his / her heir can collect the California Mega Millions prize money. There is of course a formal procedure for the same.
The winners should claim or collect their prize within 180 days. If not collected, the prize will be awarded to the state of California and in turn fund schools and colleges.
The prizes of California Mega Millions above $599 are taxable. However there is no state/ or local tax pertaining to California.
It is mind blowing to know that the largest or biggest jackpot ever won in Mega Millions is of prize money $ 656,000,000 which is in 26 annual payments or an equivalent cash amount of $474,000,000. This was in the year 2012.
The 2nd highest jackpot (payable in 26 annual instalments) that was won was $390 million and the 3rd largest is $380 million.
You have to claim the jackpot prize within a year unlike other Mega Millions prizes which give a period of 180 days period. Thereafter you have 60 days to choose either the cash or the 26 annual payments.
In case of prizes other than jackpot, the same needs to be claimed within 180 days.
You need to be at least 18 years old if you need to play California Mega Millions.
Younger people . do not lose heart. You can win or collect the prizes on tickets that have been gifted to you.
| California Mega Millions
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Fri Mar 6, 2015
Change: +$5.00 Million